Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Jazzy Easter 2014

Hans Memling - Scense from the Passion of the Christ (ca 1470)
I wish everyone a peaceful time on the upcoming holidays. May the family, friends and good spirit stay with you. Obviously with good spirit comes good music as well.

I believe any true art is spiritual in a way but I'll take the occasion to re-post a playlist from some time ago, focusing on music with some sort of religious theme and inspiration. I hope you'll enjoy it.

1. Marilyn Crispell Trio - Dear Lord
2. Dennis Gonzalez & Ingebrigt Haker Flaten - Jeg Rade Vil Alle I Ungdommens (from "The Hymn Project")
3. Piotr Baron Quartet with Wadada Leo Smith - Krzyzu Swiety (O Holly Cross) (from "Salve Regina")
4. Hera (Zimpel/Postaremczak/Wojcinski/Szpura) - Monreale (from "Hera")
5. Ingebrigt Haker Flaten & Hakon Kornstad - Ak, Mon Jeg Staar I Naade
6. Dennis Gonzalez & Ingebrigt Haker Flaten- Eg Veit I Himmerik Ei Borg (from "The Hymn Project")
7. Peter Gabriel - A Different Drum
8. Undivided - Droga Krzyzowa , Ukrzyzowanie, Smierc (Crossroad, Crucifixion, Death) (from "Passion")
9. Ingebrigt Haker Flaten & Hakon Kornstad  - For Himmerigs Land Maa Man Kje
10. The Light (Zimpel/Traczyk/Rasz) - J20, 19-23
11. Piotr Baron Quartet with Wadada Leo Smith - Ja Jestem Zmartwychwstanie (I am The Resurrection)(from "Salve Regina")
12. Undivided - Zmartwychwstanie (Resurrection) (from "Passion")
13. Joachim Mencel Trio - Ezechiel

No comments:

Post a Comment

It feels great when someone's reading what I'm writing! Please leave a comment if there's anything on Your mind concerning the post (or other subjects) and come back soon.